KUMAMOTO PREFECTURAL MUSEUM OF ART CHIBAJO BRANCH
Kumamoto Prefectual Museum of Art Chibajo Branch is an art museum that was able to organize with Kumamoto Castle.
The old prefectural library was opened in 1992 and opened.
The gallery and column room provide works of art such as artworks that promote the creation of artworks by the citizens of the prefecture.
- 1986・Surveys for construction taken
- Sep.1989・Durabilty investigation of former Prefectual Library building
- July.1990・Participation in the Kumamoto Art Police Project Permision of construction
- Oct.1990・Entrusted the design of building to Torres & Lapeña and Daiwa Architect Office
- Oct.1991・Construction work started
- Oct.1992・Construction work completed Opening of the Chibajo Branch Museum
In the venue, you cannot do anything that could pollute the venue,
cause an accident, or do something that is generally offensive.
[Examples of prohibited acts] Use of fire and water, bringing in strong odors, bringing in fresh flowers, bringing in fresh flowers (to prevent insects and mold from entering), production additions, demonstrations, live performances, concerts, etc.
Smoking is prohibited in the building. You cannot eat or drink at the venue. Please eat and drink at the designated place.
Take all your trash home with you.
We are not responsible for accidents or theft.
- By bus : Get off at City Hall, 5 minutes walk
- By tram : Get off at City Hall, 5 minutes walk
- From Mashiki / Aso Kumamoto Airport IC : About 40 minutes by car to Kumamoto city area
- By kumamoto castle tour bus, shiromegurin : There is a bus stop next to the Prefectural Museum of Art
- first train 9:00 to last 17:00 (runs every 20 to 30 minutes)
- For details, go to the official information site for the Kumamoto Castle Tour Bus "Shiromegurin"
- 2-18 Chibajomachi, Chuo-ku, Kumamoto-shi, 860-0001
- Tuesday-Friday 9:30-18:30 (last admission 18:00)
- Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays 9:30-17:15 (Last entry 16:45)
- Monday / New Year holidays
- If Monday is a national holiday, the next day will be a substitute holiday